Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Mystery of Love by Eva Ruby Austin ....

The Mystery of Love
 
As I searched through faded relics
In an old worn treasure chest,
I found many cherished memoirs
Of those I loved the best.
 
As I sifted through the papers
Old and faded with passing time,
I came upon a cherished prize --
A loved one's valentine.
 
A wispy bit of lace and verse
With words so very fine --
"I'll love but you if you'll love me
And be my valentine.
 
For love is unselfish, understanding and kind
It sees with the heart, and not with the mind,
Love can't be bought, it is priceless and free
Love like pure magic is a sweet mystery.
Love works in ways that are wondrous and strange
And there's nothing in life that love cannot change.
 
I mused o'er those verses so very true,
Although very old they became as new.
 
I folded the valentine with care
Placed it back in the box, and left it there,
But it made me think as I laid it away --
How love should be shared each passing day.
 
 
Eva Ruby Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment