Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

My Dad - a poem by Eleanor Lambert, Bermuda

  My Dad
                  
How lovingly I remember my Dad,
Some days happy & some days sad,
He always did his best to do the right
To guide his family both day and night.

Times were not easy I remember it well,
Many times he struggled & sometimes he fell,
Forgiveness he asked and God in His love,
Looked down with compassion from Heaven above.

He left us many years ago when just a very young man
His younger children hardly knew him well,
But I his eldest daughter remember the story to tell.

He worked very hard every single day,
At a place contributing to his health in every way.
We did not know it at the time but was full of asbestos
And other life threatening Kine.

The shift work was also very hard on him,
Very hard on his wife & his children too,
And yes he suffered each and every day,
Unable to afford a Dr. to help him along the way.

We had food on our table, clothes on our back
And the things we needed we did not lack.
He was a very good husband and a wonderful Dad,
As he worked hard every day even when he felt bad.

"You are Indispensable" he said to me one day,
That lesson I learned well, it stays with me always.

He taught me many lessons in the short years he lived
    Until God called him home still a very young man.
                   I speak of none other than
                         Guy Lester Austin
                        Our Wonderful Dad.

              "Happy Fathers Day in Heaven Dad".



No comments:

Post a Comment