Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

"A Place to Lay My Heart" - a poem by Marlon de Souza

A place to lay my heart

You accept me with all my faults
and everything I do
is watched by you for signs of love,
kind words from me to you.
 
You wake me up because you are
ready to start the day,
the crazy joy you bring to me,
a dog that wants to play.
 
I wonder what I will do
when you're no longer here,
you tell me to enjoy your love
and never shed a tear.
 
And when some days I stop and sigh -
at times you drive me nuts,
you wiggle waggle my sighs away,
my darling mutt of mutts.

© 2013 Marlon de Souza. All rights reserved.

Marlon de Souza is a writer and artist based in New York City. He learns a lot of life lessons from Jules, the dog who lives with him. More of his work can be found on
http://www.JustAnotherAveragePerson.com 

and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/JustAnotherAveragePerson
 



No comments:

Post a Comment