Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Infinite Mercy by Eva Ruby Austin


                              
              As I rise from my bed each morning
                To begin the chores of the day
              I thank the Lord for His goodness
                 With my lips I silently pray,
             
              I pray that He'll guide my footsteps,
                 That I may not falter or fall;
              That I may be true and faithful
                  And loving to one and all.
             
               My God is One who will answer
                   With what is best for me.
               He knows the path that I follow,
                  And the pitfalls I cannot see.
 
               I'll trust Him for the future,
               I'll trust Him to endless day;
               For He in his infinite Mercy
                 Will pilot me all the way.
 
Eva Ruby Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment