Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WINTER - a poem by Tschana Wade

SEASONS:  WINTER
                        by

              Tschana Wade 
                  

Winter white, Cold at night
Despite the frigid outlook,
The future looks bright.
 
I see victory in the near distance
Persistence through the snow storm, 
We mourn,
for spring and summer.
 
Hey you, driving that Hummer!!
Try not to splash with the dirty water
For I am someone’s daughter
Why I aught’ a

No, Tschana, keep cool,
Wasn’t it I who got you through school? 
 
Yes, Lord,
I know you will see me through,
Even the thickest of snow
Won’t stop me and you. 

I wait for your Word,
Than move forward
Shout Praise, raise my hands
And rejoice.

For the voice
of the Lord has spoken
No more joking.
 
God your love is omnipotent, real
I feel your presence,
Your essence consumes me.

Free, to fulfill
your will
I will obey
Pray
Never stray.

The day I see your face
Your grace, your mercy
never thirsty.
For you provide living water,
You thought of me always. 

My light, my love
You understand me, when
Others can’t stand me.

You are a real friend to me
Your love is endlessly 
Forever, Whenever, wherever 
I will praise your name
You love us all the same,
For that I am thankful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment